Wednesday, January 30, 2013

For Your Consumption...

its like i am being forced to do this...

In the most honest parts of my soul--I truly did not think that I was going to give in to blogging. Hence my "sometimes social media sidekick" "Lalo's Corner" has lived in a flip-floppy existence (much like my second project--but that is for another day).

Because see, in my most natural state I am tied to the earth in the most fundamental way. A Free bird. I suppose this is the Virgo in me--if you are all about that stuff, which I am not--but I concede that it could all be true--who am I to say otherwise and I do like earth tones and laying down in the sun. (click that "Free Bird" link for today's soundtrack)



Anyway...

So yea, my "natural state" relies on thought and conversation, live music and camping trips, refreshing breezes, grass and articles, novels, programs, movies and music provided by artists and those with genuine respect for their craft. I am not really keen on the idea that just anyone can have a blog and spill their poorly written thoughts all over the internet nor am I thrilled about the technology that just invades nearly every inch of my craft in a way that feels completely wrong. The old soul that lives inside me, makes it so difficult to embrace the social media and accompanying technology that is a must in my line of work. It feels shallow--and it is. The world increasingly is. As long as you and I can acknowledge it...we can move on and be ourselves. I acknowledge it.

Nevertheless--open up my friends...here comes the boom. An avalanche of shit (yes I am feeling fully expressive these days) that will serve as a place to put the thoughts that have been rejected by editors and stifled by life's chores. 


Unfortunately but very commonly, writing hasn't exactly been paying the bills these days. I am hoping to turn that around but let me tell you friends, this city has a way of swallowing you and your name like an insect near a drain.  A few times a week I walk through Times Sq. and you can quite literally feel the city sucking you in. And I know that constant paddle gets rid of many--but not me, not yet.

I'm the type that gets misty eyed at the thought of "if I can make it here, I can make it anywhere". Ha...it is a Citykid thing--many of you transplants wouldn't understand.

I am a Bronx-born hustler.

I remember very well where I come from. Just not completely sure where I am going.



Don't you want to come with? I am going for a swim into the black sea of creatives and starving minds. 


Since making the biggest decision of my life thus far (leaving ABC News in 2007), I have embarked on a string of adventures and missteps while finding love and independence and suffering through some good old fashioned knowledge and hard truths. I have also had a flurry of hilarious experiences and exposures that I could not make up---all of it of course, in the name of the almighty dollar.

So while I have written many words--I have not offered nearly enough.

And while I have had many ideas--I have not executed enough.

And while Ive lamented over this--I don't suppose I have done nearly enough about it.

And that too, is ok because this isn't a race--despite how short life may be.

I'm 30 now, something new is coming. I believe that and I am finally ready to fully embrace the social media and technology that comes with it.

like i said, its like i am being forced to do this...

And besides, I am riding out a cold streak on the publishing end, so I will respect this forum as a genuine way of reaching readers.....for now.

 
Thank you for letting me into your world for a few minutes....

xo.
Erica




No comments:

Post a Comment